Jan 9, 2007

The Guardian's Digested Reads

The bounty hunter looked on helplessly as the geek killed himself with liquid nitrogen.

"I guess we'll never know what happened to the embryos," Dolly groaned.

"Luckily for us, no one will remember they had nothing to do with the story by the time they've finished this book," the bounty hunter replied.

I know, I know, I haven't been very diligent in my ongoing story of the trails and tribs of getting Shelf Monkey published. And the release date is fast approaching!

I promise, more very soon. But first, my new favourite find:

Every week, the Guardian (a UK newspaper) has something called Digested Reads, in which the reviewer summarizes the entirety of a novel in 400 words, so you don't have to read it at all! Concise, quick, and spectacularly mean, which of course I admire tremendously.

No RSS feed, so you'll have to check on your own. Still, their analyses of Michael Crichton's Next (see above) and Thomas Harris' Hannibal Rising are riotous and time-saving.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...