Nov 1, 2006

Horeck + Mecca = Horecca?

While traversing the great wilds of Northern Ontario, I came across the most remarkable site: an actual billboard promoting the worst novel of all time, the immortal Minnow Trap!


As you can tell from the photo, I was overcome with excitement. Needless to say, I was also astonished, amused, and filled with an emotion most closely resembling nausea. I immediately set about burning a copy of Rosellen Price's Blood & Wine as a sacrifice.


Woe be to those who do not admire the immortal Horeck! Worship him, lest you be destroyed!

4 comments:

Mindy Tarquini said...

There's something horribly F*cked Up about this whole Minnow Trap thing.

WannabeMe said...

What's that on the bottom? 'Shoppers Drug Mart'? 'Coles'? Did he sub-let his billboard to pay for the rest of billboard for Minnow Trap?

Corey said...

I actually feel pretty bad for the guy. I did a quick search for New York Literary Agency, and found that's it's a fee-based scam.

http://www.writers.net/forum/read/10/127303/127297Vf

I also love that the news article upholds the high standards of St. Horeck when it comes to spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

Nikki Stafford said...

He's sold 16,000 copies?! Wow. The world really IS coming to an end.

Love the pics, by the way, Corey. They are priceless! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...